Applications for the 2020-21 program are closed.
The Coach to Coach Mentoring Program is a traditional, small-group mentoring program designed to bring coaches and staffs together during the basketball season to share ideas, confront challenges and learn from each other's experiences.
This program creates a structured platform – monthly conference calls – for organic, open conversation for those who have recently began their coaching journey.
Become a mentor.
The mentor serves as a direct resource to mentees and acts as facilitator of the group — making initial contact and scheduling/conducting calls with the group.
Become a mentee.
The mentee is encouraged to actively prepare for and participate in monthly mentoring sessions with the group.
Seven mandatory calls:
- Call 1 must be completed between Oct. 5, 2020 - Oct. 23, 2020.
- Call 2 must be completed between Nov. 2, 2020 - Nov. 20, 2020.
- Call 3 must be completed between Nov. 30, 2020 - Dec. 18, 2020.
- Call 4 must be completed between Jan. 4, 2021 - Jan. 22, 2021.
- Call 5 must be completed between Feb. 1, 2021 - Feb. 19, 2021.
- Call 6 must be completed between March 1, 2021 - March 19, 2021.
- Call 7 must be completed between April 5, 2021 - April 23, 2021.
- 2020-21 discussion topic suggestions (coming soon).
- Training PDF (coming soon).
- Contact Latasha Lewis for further assistance.
Tips for program success:
- Make yourself available to all members of your group.
- Communication is key. Discuss with your huddle best ways to communicate with each other (e.g. text, Google Hangout, House Party).
- Attend all scheduled calls.
- Be willing to share your knowledge, experience and wisdom.
- Be willing to communicate with your mentor and other mentees in your group between sessions.
- Be willing to adhere to all WBCA polices.
- Reach out to Latasha Lewis if you have any questions or concerns.