Our mission, vision and values establishes our purpose as an association, what we strive to do, who we hope to be, and what we believe and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
The WBCA leads, serves and unites coaches of women’s basketball for the good of our game and those who play it.
- Informs, advises and guides coaches on matters that impact their profession and the sport;
- Offers networking opportunities that allow coaches to connect, encourage and mentor each other;
- Provides educational programming that enables coaches to make themselves better leaders, teachers and role models for the athletes they coach, and improves the quality and popularity of the game;
- Recognizes coaches, as well as their athletes and their teams, who excel athletically and academically each year, and honors those who have made lasting contributions to the profession and sport throughout their career; and
- Acts as the unifying voice of coaches to the organizations that govern the sport at its various levels of competition.
The WBCA is the unified voice of coaches of women’s basketball and leads in the growth and management of the sport. The WBCA will have a dynamic partnership with the sport’s governing bodies on all levels and is the premier source of professional development and educational programs on coaching, operations, branding and marketing that assist its member coaches in improving the quality and popularity of the game.
Member coaches are stewards of the game, conducting themselves with professionalism and integrity, and putting foremost the safety, welfare and educational interests of the women and girls they coach. The WBCA membership, board of directors and staff conduct themselves in such a manner that the women and girls who play basketball gain self-respect, self-esteem and self-confidence, as well as educational development. These qualities empower women and girls to succeed in life and to become leaders in their professions, communities and society.
Members conduct themselves professionally, according to the rules, and with civility to players, administrators, game officials, fans and each other. The board of directors adopts ethical and behavioral standards to which all members must adhere. These ethical and behavioral standards are codified within the WBCA's code of ethics.