The application for the 2020-21 program is closed.
Beyond the Box is a peer-to-peer program designed for seasoned coaches with three or more years of experience in their current roles. Coaches will be paired with others at the same level (e.g. head coach with other head coaches, assistant coaches with other assistant coaches, etc.) to connect and discuss things such as difficult situations, personal interest topics, coaching journeys and X’s & O’s.
- Must be a WBCA member.
- Must have three or more years of experience in your current role.
- Must attend a WBCA training session via video conference or teleconference.
- Must be employed by a school (collegiate or scholastic).
- Must attend all scheduled meetings.
Four mandatory calls:
- Call 1 must be completed between Oct. 5, 2020 - Nov. 16, 2020.
- Call 2 must be completed between Nov. 17, 2020 - Dec. 29, 2020.
- Call 3 must be completed between Jan. 4, 2021 - Feb. 15, 2021.
- Call 4 must be completed between Feb. 16, 2021 - March 30, 2021.
- 2020-21 discussion topic suggestions (coming soon).
- Training PDF (coming soon).
- Contact Latasha Lewis for further assistance.
Tips for program success:
- Make yourself available to all members of your group.
- Communication is key. Discuss with your huddle best ways to communicate with each other (e.g. text, Google Hangout, House Party).
- Attend all scheduled calls.
- Be willing to share your knowledge, experience and wisdom.
- Be willing to adhere to all WBCA polices.
- Reach out to Latasha Lewis if you have any questions or concerns.