The NCAA Division I Stewardship Working Group provides advice and guidance to the WBCA Board of Directors and the NCAA itself on the direction of the sport at the NCAA Division I level. Established during the 2020-21 membership year by expanding, renaming and retasking the association's existing Division I Legislative Working Group, the Division I Stewardship Working Group meets bi-weekly with WBCA staff and NCAA Division I staff to receive updates on and provide swift feedback to the NCAA Division I Women's Basketball Oversight Committee and NCAA Division I Council as both navigate the COVID-19 pandemic. The working group also advises the WBCA board on positions the association should take on post-COVID legislative proposals at the NCAA Division I level that may directly or indirectly impact the game, the coaching profession or both.
The NCAA Division I Stewardship Working Group is composed of the following persons:
- Courtney Banghart (WBCA board), head coach, North Carolina.
- Lisa Bluder, head coach, Iowa.
- Jackie Carson (NCAA WBOC), head coach, Furman.
- Cori Close (WBCA vice president, NCAA WBOC), head coach, UCLA.
- Tricia Cullop (WBCA president), head coach, Toledo.
- Bill Fennelly, head coach, Iowa State.
- Felisha Legette-Jack, head coach, Buffalo.
- Muffet McGraw, former head coach/retired, Notre Dame.
- Binh Nguyen (WBCA board), director of academic and membership affairs, NCAA.
- Beth O'Boyle (WBCA board), head coach, VCU.
- Jennifer Rizzotti (WBCA past president), head coach, George Washington.
- Joni Taylor (WBCA board), head coach, Georgia.
- Mary Ellen Gillespie, deputy director.
- Jack Watford, director of communications.