The call for speakers application is now open.
The WBCA invites coaches, administrators and industry professionals to share their knowledge and expertise during the 2021 WBCA Convention taking place Thursday, April 1, through Sunday, April 4. Platforms for presentations include learning labs (classroom), roundtables and on-court presentations.
- Learning labs vary from 30 to 60 minutes. Some learning labs will have one speaker for 60 minutes and others will have two or three speakers presenting for 20 or 30 minutes each.
- Roundtables are one to two hours in length and range from 15 to 20 minutes in length per rotation. As a discussion leader, you present your topic at each rotation for 15 minutes and engage others to participate.
- On-court presentations are 30 to 45 minutes and will take place on a half or full court. The half court will have no hoop and the full court will have two hoops.
- "So You Want To Be A Coach” presenters speak to 50 to 75 former student-athletes who have a strong desire to coach. This is a two-day program.
Applications will be reviewed by the WBCA Education Working Group, Assistant Coaches Committee or Convention Advisory Group.
Be ready to answer the following:
- Presentation platform choice — learning lab, roundtable or on-court.
- Presentation title.
- Presentation takeaways.
- Presentation description (150 words or less).
- Why your presentation should be selected.
Call for speakers timeline:
- Aug. 11, 2020: Call for speakers application is live.
- Oct. 2, 2020: Deadline to submit application is 5 p.m. ET.
- Oct. 3 through Nov. 13, 2020: Selection process.
- Week of Nov. 16: Applicants to be notified.
Please direct all questions to Abby Davis, events manager, at email@example.com or 859-207-3918.