The call for speakers application closed Wednesday, Nov. 1.
The WBCA invites coaches, administrators and industry professionals to share their knowledge and expertise during the 2018 WBCA Convention taking place Thursday, March 30, through Sunday, April 1 (Easter weekend). Platforms for presentations include learning labs (classroom), roundtables and on-court presentations.
- Learning labs vary from 45 to 60 minutes. Some learning labs have one speaker the entire session while others have two or three speakers presenting for 20 or 30 minutes each.
- Roundtables are one to two hours in length and range from 15 to 20 minutes in length per rotation. Discussion leaders present topics at each rotation for 15 minutes and encourage others to participate.
- On-court presentations are 30 to 45 minutes and take place on either a half or full court. WBCA to determine.
- "So You Want To Be A Coach” presenters speak to 50 to 75 former student-athletes who have a strong desire to coach.
Applications will be reviewed by the WBCA Conference Captains and either the Assistant Coaches Committee or the Convention Advisory Group.
Be ready to answer the following:
- Presentation platform choice — learning lab, roundtable or on-court.
- Presentation title.
- Presentation takeaways.
- Presentation description (150 words or less).
- Why your presentation should be selected.
Call for speakers timeline:
- Aug. 1: Call for speakers application goes live.
- Nov. 1: Deadline to submit application is 5 p.m. ET.
- Nov. 2-30: Selection process.
- Week of Dec. 11: Applicants to be notified.