The WBCA Convention — the nation’s largest meeting of women’s and girls’ basketball coaches — provides a unique opportunity for members and affiliated constituent groups to connect and share among themselves and with each other.
Convention attendees benefit when they engage within smaller subgroups of the membership, especially concerning diversity of race and ethnicity, gender and gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or other expression of their unique experience. They also learn about the activities of affiliated constituent groups that work closely with the WBCA to promote and enhance the sport by interacting with representatives of those organizations.
Special interest group application
The WBCA Board of Directors recently adopted a policy governing the application and approval of requests for meeting space at the WBCA Convention by not-for-profit special interest groups. This policy provides staff with guidance in processing requests from outside groups for space to hold educational gatherings, social gatherings or both — in conjunction with the WBCA Convention.
This policy encourages these diverse groups to come together as part of the larger convention by establishing clear and consistent guidelines and procedures that allow the WBCA to better accommodate, facilitate and help promote group meetings and social gatherings.
- Ensures all requests are considered in an equitable and orderly manner;
- Requires the purpose of the group be compatible with that of the WBCA;
- Gives preference to groups with longstanding affiliation or that exhibit with the WBCA; and
- Protects the interests of WBCA corporate sponsors which provide significant financial support to the association.
To apply, one must:
- Be a WBCA member.
Not represent a for-profit entity.
- Should you represent a for-profit company, click here for details on how to become involved with the WBCA Convention.
- Complete the application and provide details about meeting space request.
- Aug. 1: Special interest group application goes live.
- Nov. 1: Deadline to submit application is 5 p.m. ET.
- Nov. 2 – 30: Selection process.
- Week of Dec. 11: Applicants to be notified.