The Center for Coaching Excellence, or CCE, is a two-day elite leadership-training program that provides an unparalleled, exclusive learning experience for coaches of women's and girls' basketball. Coaches attending CCE learn through collaborative and interactive learning sessions facilitated by program creators and facilitators Dr. M. Dianne Murphy and Dr. Cathie T. Siders. The program combines extensive self-reflection and awareness with organized instruction from Siders, a renowned executive coach, for an unparalleled, exclusive learning experience. CCE also incorporates the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality inventory, which allows for individual customization of the learning experience.
More than 250 women’s and girls' basketball coaches have attended CCE, which began in 2011 as a joint partnership between Columbia University and the WBCA. The partnership with Columbia ended with the final session on Columbia’s campus in June 2015. The WBCA has now retained the services of Murphy and Siders to refine the program and develop separate workshops for head coaches and for assistant coaches, which are now held in Atlanta.
■ Who: Select women's basketball head and assistant coaches (Open to ALL Divisions).
■ What: A two-day comprehensive leadership
■ When: Head coaches -– August 9-10 [head coach application]
Assistant coaches -– August 11-12 [assistant coach application]
■ Where: Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
■ Cost: $400 for a head coach
$300 for an assistant coach
Each attendee is also responsible for paying their own travel, lodging and meal
In addition to two days of intense, interactive programming, each attendee will leave with the following:
■ A tailored individual professional development plan;
■ A personal copy of the book, “The First Person You Must Lead is You,” by Brigadier General Rebecca Halstead;
■ A three-ring binder of workshop materials including their personal MBTI interpretive report;
■ An opportunity to learn from and network with local administrators and athletic directors;
■ The opportunity for one-on-one follow-up sessions during the WBCA Convention; and
■ Access to facilitators for confidential discussions.
For more information contact Daniella Trujillo by email at email@example.com or by phone at 770-279-8027 ext. 110.
- CCE regional pilot program a success for head coaches and assistant coaches
- The Center for Coaching Excellence marks five year anniversary
- Coaches participate in The Center for Coaching Excellence
- 2013 Center for Coaching Excellence concludes with second session at Columbia University
- 32 WBCA-member coaches attend June 3-5 session of The Center for Coaching Excellence at Columbia
- 29 coaches attend third session of The Center for Coaching Excellence
- Center for Coaching Excellence Concludes 2011 Sessions
- Inaugural Session of The Center for Coaching Excellence Held at Columbia University