Each WBCA award committee is responsible for selecting the winner(s), based on specific criteria, of the award for which it is responsible. Individual committee members are responsible for closely following the top prospects for their committee's award and for encouraging the coaches in their region to nominate candidates and vote for winners.
• United States Marine Corps/WBCA Coach of the Year Selection Committees
• Coaches' All-America Selection Committees
• The Wade Trophy Selection Committee
• Other Awards Selection Committees
Coaches Poll Committees
Each USA TODAY Sports Top 25 Coaches Poll committee ranks the Top 25 women's basketball teams in its respective division on a weekly basis throughout the season. Rankings are based on scores, records, strength of schedule, and key wins and losses.
• NCAA Division I Top 25 Coaches' Poll Committee
• NCAA Division II Top 25 Coaches' Poll Committee
• NCAA Division III Top 25 Coaches' Poll Committee
The Assistant Coaches Committee is responsible for planning the assistant coaches programming for the WBCA National Convention. The WBCA Ethics Committee assists in monitoring ethical standards, enforces appropriate action for any misconduct, and continues to positively influence and uphold ethics in women's basketball.
• Audit Committee
• Executive Committee
• Diversity & Inclusion Committee
• Finance Committee
• Nominating Committee
Working groups are created or authorized by the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and/or Executive Director to study particular issues or questions and make recommendations based on their findings. Working groups may be composed of members of the Board of Directors, members of the association, staff members, and nonmembers who are experts in the subject matter.
• Education Working Group
• Governance Working Group
• Membership & Stewardship Working Group
• Playing Rules Working Group
• Youth Basketball Working Group