The purpose of the WBCA High School Ambassador Program is to increase awareness of the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association and the value of the association to high school girls’ basketball coaches around the country. Ambassadors of the WBCA will recruit new members by sharing with high school coaches everything the WBCA has to offer. We currently have 21 states and territories represented in the ambassador program (click here for the list of ambassadors). If you would like to become an ambassador for a state not represented email Jeff White (email@example.com).
Due to the volume in certain states, some states may have multiple ambassadors. Each ambassador will be given a code to track their member recruits.
Referred coaches and staffs
Click here to enter your ambassador code, and join the WBCA.
Ambassadors will assist the WBCA in recruiting members to the association by showing the value of what membership can offer to high school coaches and becoming an extension of the association’s brand.
- Assist in defining your state’s target market.
- Work with the WBCA to develop a strategy to target the high school coaches in your state.
- Represent the WBCA at state coaches’ association meetings, conventions and other basketball events if a part of the strategy and WBCA staff cannot attend.
- Participate in WBCA digital campaigns (primarily email and social media) when appropriate.
- Complete the state questionnaire provided by the WBCA. This questionnaire will help guide the WBCA and the ambassador in creating the best strategy to target the state market.
- Must be an active WBCA member. If your membership lapses, you will no longer be eligible to be a WBCA ambassador.
- Must be an active high school girls’ basketball coach in your state.
- The WBCA strongly encourages ambassadors to participate in WBCA programs such as the Coach to Coach Mentoring Program and Coaches’ Classrooms.
|Goal and Date||Reward|
|Participate as an ambassador.||Complimentary 2020-21 WBCA membership.|
|10 total new members with code BEFORE Feb. 28, 2021.||Complimentary registration for 2021 WBCA Convention.|
|10 total new members with code AFTER Feb. 28, 2021.||Complimentary registration for 2022 WBCA Convention.|
|50 total new members with code BY Aug. 31, 2021.||Two (2) free NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Final Four ticket packages for 2022. Package includes tickets to two semifinal games and the national championship game.|
The WBCA will provide all marketing collateral for ambassadors. This includes but is not limited to flyers and other printed materials, digital graphics, social media posts and speaking points. Materials will be printed by WBCA and mailed to ambassadors prior to events (emailed if materials are digital). Print materials can be requested by emailing Jeff White (firstname.lastname@example.org). We recommend requesting print materials three weeks prior to your need to allow for printing and shipping time.
- Ambassadors by state.
- WBCA Marketing materials (includes digital and print materials, logos, videos, etc.).
- State questionnaire.
If you have further questions about the program, please contact Jeff White (email@example.com).